I’ve discovered, with Crystal Paine, that goal-setting accountability helps me do what I know I should do. So, after taking May off from posting my monthly plans, here we go again. There’s a lot on this list, but not all of it requires a great deal of time, so I’m hoping to finish most of it and get a good start on the rest.
Special joys we anticipate this month:
the end of Mr. 18’s homeschooling career the beginning of the summer holidays planting the garden
- getting healthier
- Buy online glasses for the kids with new prescriptions and/or as back-ups for when we go on vacation
- Find help for Miss 15’s health
- Plan for summer memories
Finish grade 12 with Mr. 18 Finish Mr. 18’s transcript and comprehensive high school records and send the final copy to his university
- Finish up Miss 15’s records for this year
Finish the school year with Miss 12 and Miss 10(and maybe make portfolios??) Plan summer fun and relaxed learningSee Our Summer Theme and Goals Outings: Track and Field, Bird Banding, and one more field trip (visit to a local heritage fair and to a wild life refuge) Start thinking about next year’s curriculum–almost finished the plans!
- Start using a weekly prayer list
- Read Saving Leonardo,
Pinterest Power, a few relaxing novels, Cooked, and Mathematics: Is God Silent?
- Clean up my desk
- Start exercising again, 5 days a week
Continue walking 10,000 steps a day on average
- Determine if it is possible to increase lung capacity without aerobic exercise, which is forbidden to me
Home and Garden:
- Eat cooked greens, coleslaw, green salads, and fish 3-4 times a week each, as well as yoghurt daily, and liver at least once a week.
- Finish up all of last year’s vegetables and fruit from the freezer
- Buy no meat but use up what we have in the freezer
Plant vegetable gardenand keep it weeded
- Print out and organize garden records in a binder
- Organize flower gardens and add some annuals
- Weed out creeping Charlie/bugleweed
- Do something about my rosa rugosa bushes
Mend towels and make bath mitts out of the worn out towels
- Sew a PJ or night gown
Dejunk 1 box/bag’s worth
- Wrap up the school year, share what did and didn’t work, and write reviews of curriculum we have used
Join TCC’s Five Days of Choosing Curriculum event
- Write 4-8 posts for Embracing a Gluten Free Life
Go onto Pinterest at least once a week and revamp/organize my boards to go with the ideas mentioned in Pinterest Power
- Set up a form for email subscribers on both blogs; find out how to display a feedburner button; update link lists
How about you? Do you have any plans for this beautiful month of June?