It is so difficult to find well-researched, well-written Christian biographies that appeal to all ages! As homeschoolers we are constantly looking for such resources, and in Simonetta Carr’s Christian Biographies for Young Readers series we have found a treasure. These stunning books
- speak to children, teens, and adults;
- are lavishly illustrated with photographs as well as original artwork;
- give a clear and fascinating picture of the person as well as his or her times;
- discuss the person’s ideas and contributions accurately but simply;
- often present the person’s own thought through letters and other writings;
- portray heroes of the faith positively without glossing over their failings; and
- present conflict in factual, non-inflammatory manner.
It is difficult to imagine a better series for our homeschools….
Read the rest of this post over at the Curriculum Choice where I have summarized all my reviews of this series, relating them to each other. Or you can read my full reviews here.
As an aside, I’m pleased and thankful that the publisher picked up on this post.